I miss my Dad. Yes, I know this isn't suppose to be easy, but it down right sucks. I will go to call him and realize that he is gone so I hang up. I get a funny email and think how much he will enjoy it and go to foward it just to remember there is no one to read it. I look at my kiddos and think how great it will be to spend time together with him and them this summer and then realize that I need to change plans as he will not be there.In the midst of all of this I wanted to remember some good things about him so this entry is dedicated to 10 things you might not know about my Dad.
1. He was a helicopter pilot for the Army in Vietnam.
2. He met Neal A. Maxwell while serving on the High Council in California.
3. He loves music but cannot carry a tune.
4. He has 10 grandchildren who are the light of his life.
5. He graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice.
6. He loves to read and do jigsaw puzzles.
7. He was actively involved in geneology.
8. He was a Mason prior to joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
9. He raised cows and took them to the Washington State Fair and won a ribbon.
10. He played the guitar when he was younger.
Know you know a little bit more about my Dad. I love you and miss you Dad.



1 comment:
Thank you for posting this. I have had a lot of the same feelings and thoughts about dad. You are not alone. We miss you and love you and your family so much.
Laurie
Post a Comment