Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long Break

I have been away from blogging for a couple of weeks. Changes will do that to your life. I have been given new responsibilities at work so that has taken some adjusting to. Thank goodness for Emily's help. She has really stepped up and assisted me in getting my stuff done and feeling not so lonely in my new office.

This past weekend for Father's Day, I put in a small little arboretum type area in front of the house. It has a couple of small rose bushes, two small trees, some shrubs and flowers and it has red beauty bark. This is part of Sharman's "Father's Day" gift. Really it was for me and he was a good sport to put up with me doing this and calling it part of his gift. Saturday evening I took Sharman, Kendon, Zack and Syd to Applebee's for dinner. It was nice to take the family and Kendon out. Kendon's family is in Boise so we had him come since he had been out working with Sharman all day and I knew he would really not want to go home to an empty house and cook for himself.

I have been called to teach the 11 year old girls in Primary. Yes, I know, I know.....I vowed I would never be in Primary, but I really love teaching these girls. They are so smart and really a lot of fun to be around. The only problem is that some of them are getting to be too cool to sing in sharing time. I really am enjoying learning the new Primary songs and love to be with the girls this age. I even get to sit and color on the floor with them when we color in sharing time. The girls were shocked that a teacher would actually sit on the floor and color with them. I had a blast.

On a sadder note, this past week our ward lost Aseneth Snook. Her body finally succumbed to the leukemia it has been desperately trying to fight off. It has been a really hard thing especially for Zack. Senny was just a year younger than him and he took the news pretty hard. His little chin just shook and the big alligator tears trickled down his cheeks as I told him the news. He is such a tenderhearted guy. Wish they all were so tenderhearted.

This Friday Zack will be going to Regional Wresting in Pocatello. He has worked hard and we hope he finds success in the wresting camp he attended prior to this upcoming tournament.

Last week Zack attended a Webelos Day Camp. He had so much fun and made a mini video on our old camera. I really got a good view into his personality when I am not there. He is such a character. He enjoyed the camp immensely and earned a badge for attending.

Syd has been so busy with activities at daycare. Between movies, bowling, swimming, picnics in the park, horseback riding, the zoo, and museums she has been one very busy and tired little girl. Last night she came home from daycare and fell asleep and woke up just in time to put on jams and head to bed. She had no problem falling right back to sleep.

Sharman has been extremely busy with work. Since returning from Owyhee Campground the first weekend in June he has been hopping. Business has been good but very busy. Some nights he makes it home in time to eat, shower and head to bed. He has been from one end of the valley to another with work so not only is he busy with work but he is also spending a lot of time traveling to and from job sites.

Well as you can see, our family has been very busy. Maybe this is why it has been so hard for me to find a minute to sit down and keep you all updated. Regardless, we love you all and think of you often. Now that you know what we have been up to....what are you doing this summer?

Oh yeah, one other thing....I head to Orlando, Florida the 5th of July for about five days of training. Look out Disney World, here I come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww,shucks! That's what BFF's do...

I love that you're teaching Primary! I didn't know that, but I think you'll be totally awesome in the calling. The girls will love you!

Lisa Christine said...

I am glad that you stopped by my blog! For me blogging has been a great way to meet people from all over. What a blessing it is to share experiences and help eachother to grow, and learn.

So you are heading to Orlando? I don't know how long you have been visiting my blog, but you may have learned that my grandfather was a huge part of the Disney company for over 50 years. He designed many rides and did much of the artwork for the classics like Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.

He even snuck his name onto one of the tomb stones at the Haunted Mansion...keep an eye out for it....it says something along the lines of "here lies Claude, beneath this sod".

Anyways, have fun. Disneyland and Disneyworld are like second homes to me :)

And for the record....primary is my favorite place to be. There is nothing sweeter than being inspired by the pure testimonies of children.

Becki said...

I just had to say be prepared to be taught by your primary girls. I've done primary more than anything else and I am always so impressed by what they know and the discussions they will have about gospel doctrines. In so many ways it can be better than the adult sunday school class. And they will love you! I hope you will get to enjoy Orlando while you are there!!! Love ya lots!