This post is just so I remember the details when asked again.
Yesterday, I got a call from the Junior High. They thought Zack had experienced a minor seizure. I found from Lisa's blog she took Sirri to Dr. Sena so I got an appointment immediately and took Zack in.
The principal reported that Zack had gotten up and walked to the counter in the classroom and was looking at something. This was okay because he was suppose to be doing that. Mr. Harrison then saw Zack kind of zone out and slump. He said that it looked like Zack had lost his equilibrium. He went and got Zack back to his seat and asked him if he was alright. When I asked Zack what he remembered, he said he remembered standing at the counter and then being in his seat and having Mr. Harrison ask him if he was alright. He said that it was like a dream and everything went really white.
The principal took Zack to the gym and had him walk briskly from one side of the gym to the other and said Zack's coloring and equilibrium looked fine. They called me and let me know. Mr. Harrison was pretty concerned and felt that although Zack has acted out in class for attention before he really did not feel that this was an attempt to get attention or something he could have conjured on his own.
The doctor said he felt that there was something wrong but that they want to do an EEG before they take any further steps. His EEG is scheduled for the 5th of October. If he has another episode before then we will call and get his date moved up. The doctor did think it was a one time occurrence as we do not have a family history of this nor has Zack ever had anything like this in his history.
He also said that he felt we have time on our side as it was unlikely, in his opinion, that it would occur again.
No changes in medications, activities, daily routine, foods, interactions, etc. prior to this. Also, the night before he did have a football game but there were no hits that put him down or out. There have been no accidents or injuries recently either.
Now when I go to the next doctor I will at least be able to remember what Dr. Sena told me.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
wow stacey! that is really scary. I hope that they can figure out what is going on! we'll be praying for answers!
Thats no fun. I hope that things are ok. Thats interesting that something like that would just happen so suddenly. I'll read your post when you get it up:) Good Luck!
I hope everything turns out okay! We'll keep him in our prayers!
Oh my gosh! I hope he is okay!! I cant wait to see you at Evan's again :)
My girls were both in his class and were worried about him....I hope all goes well!!! Keep us informed!!!
Remember that I am hear for you. I will do what ever I can to help. We miss you guys like crazy and wished that we were there.
Hope all is well! Thinking of you!
Post a Comment