Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 3, 2011

Holy #$%@@

Yes we all say some things we are not quite proud of when we get scared or when we are in trouble or nearly avoid an accident. Sydney has a new catch phrase she uses when things are not exactly going her way or if she is frustrated.

Barnacles.

Yep, my kiddo could have picked any catch phrase but hers is barnacles. I think she may have picked that one up at school.

On another note, for those of you who are not aware, I am now working in the Financial Aid Office of Dixie State College of Utah. I have been here since June 1st and am loving the warm weather. There is so much to love about southern Utah that I could seriously write pages about the things I love about it here.

One thing I HATE about southern Utah I discovered this weekend as I was pulling into the driveway and my headlights hit an object that cast a HUGE shadow. At first I thought it was a small horse or at least a large dog. I had to get out of the car and walk over to take a better look. There standing in the driveway with no intention of moving was a.....tarantula. GAG!! Sydney was in the car with me and I once I could hear myself over her terrified girl screams (ok so maybe it was my own terrified girl screams), I put the car in reverse, backed up a bit, put the car in drive and gunned it over the top of that hairy beast to end its horrible existence. Yep, I used a deadly weapon to kill that horrific creature. Sharman wanted me to just step on it. Yeah, right!! That thing was so big the crunch was felt through the entire car. There was NO way I was going to step on it in flip flops.

3 comments:

cawaut@yahoo.com said...

Lol, that is both funny and so gross. At least the beast is dead now. Thanks for coming up this weekend and it was great to have you guys. We sure do love you.

Jaimie said...

Yikes!! Patsy talks about driving over hundreds of them in Texas, yet I really didn't know they were in Utah! Ugh! I would have screamed and drove over it too! Yeah! One point for you!

Laurie said...

I am still waiting for a post about your new house and some pictures.