Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Authors and Designers

On the way to wrestling practice last night, Zack asked in a panicked voice:

Zack: Is wrestling practice over by 6 p.m.?
Me: No it goes to 6:30 p.m. like always.

Zack: Oh, man!! This is not good!
Me: What, what is wrong?!

Zack: I am suppose to go to Deseret Book tonight for a book signing.
Me: A book signing?

Zack: Yeah, a guy came to my school today and talked about his book and he is signing it tonight at Deseret Book at 6 p.m.
Me: Well I am sure he will still be there at 6:30 p.m. so maybe we can go then.

Zack: That would be great. Thanks Mom. I really owe you.

Boy was that going to prove to be true! When we got to Deseret Book at 6:45 p.m. the line for the book signing wrapped around the entire store! Several times he said, "I am so sorry Mom." I really didn't mind. I was impressed he wanted to even go so we waited for 1 1/2 hrs. in line for him to get to the front and get a poster and some stickers. Syd even got some.
On the way to Deseret Book, Syd turns to me and asks who made us.
Me: Heavenly Father made our spirits and then our Mom and Dad made our body.
Syd: Who made my body?
Me: Me and Daddy.
Syd: What did you use....paper and stuff?
Me: No, Daddy and I made you out of love....oh, and glue.
Syd: Ewww, you didn't use glue did you?
Me: No, not really, just love.
Syd: Ok good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, wow. I am laughing so hard at your response to Sydney! Did she buy it?!

jakefry said...

WOW. I wonder if she'll remember this conversation when she learns the whole truth :)