Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, April 14, 2008

I Am Not Perfect....HURRAY!!

Ok, so I have some friends who are amazingly perfect. Everything they do turns out fabulous and everybody loves them. I on the other hand, am not perfect. Everything I try seems to turn out.....well, um, let's just say, less than perfect. I actually tried to do the whole perfect thing and it also turned out less than perfect.

Finally I decided that my imperfection is perfect. I found that I am so much happier when I am me instead of my perfect friends. I love that I don't have to have a supermodel hair cut that is perfectly styled,or that my house is lived in instead of immaculate,
or that my children are happy because they were allowed to pick their own clothes instead of being forced to wear what I told them they had to wear,
or that I find amazing deals at DI instead of shopping at department stores.
In the midst of all of my trying for perfection, I have found that there is one person who thinks that everything I do is perfect. Aside from my silly little Jack Russell Terrier, Sharman is a wonderful cheerleader who although he knows I am not perfect, treats me like I am. I am so lucky. I enjoy hanging out with his and knowing that imperfection and all, he loves me no matter what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd better not mean me when you talk about perfect friends! I am SO not perfect...just look at my hair today! And for the record, my house is a wreck right now. :D

I love that you're not perfect, because honestly, if you were, would you want to hang out with me anymore?! We're so imperfect together that we make up one perfect person. :D

Cassie and Mark said...

You have described emotions that I'm sure most mothers and women experience. Thank heaven for a church that emphasizes the divinity of womanhood!