Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

16 Years


16 years ago today I married a 26 year old man from St. Anthony, Idaho in the Jordan River Temple. I never thought we would be at this point so quickly.

Since we have been married we have:

*Moved to college
*Moved to a trailer
*Had the trailer burn while on Christmas break
*Moved to college housing
*Had our college housing flood
*Spent two months in a dorm room
*Graduated from University of Idaho with Bachelors and Masters degrees (way to go Sharman)
*Moved to St. Anthony
*Bought our first house
*Had our first baby (who isn't so little any more.....Mr. 11 year old!!)
*Sold our house
*Had our second baby (who is in 1st grade this year)
*Changed jobs numerous times
*Built a house ourselves
*Saw the passing of three of my family members (Grandma, Ben, Dad)
*Saw the passing of two of his family members (Grandpa and Grandma Martin)
*Attended many a family reunion
* Travelled to Las Vegas and Hawaii together
*Attended many school performances and field trips
*Graduated from BYU-Idaho with a Bachelors and two Associate degrees
*Housed many pets (both domestic and wild)
*Enjoyed hunting, camping, fishing, laughing, reading
*Purchased enough vehicles to have our own used car lot on our property
*Planted gardens
*Watched the seasons change way too quickly
*Experienced the attacks of 9/11
*Watched the Rexburg Temple from announcement to dedication
*Started our own business
*Made many friends
*Ride Motorcycles
*Become Aunt and Uncle to incredibly adoreable nieces and nephews who we love beyond measure
*Worked hard and played hard

And to think this is the beginning of eternity. Yep, there is still so much to do and so much to experience. I am glad I have eternity to spend it with you sweetheart. There is no one I would rather enjoy the journey with.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Congrats on 16 years. We are so happy that both of you are part of our family. I don't know what we would do with out both of you. We love you both so much and miss you tons. We hope to see you soon.