Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Home Sweet Home



Yep, it looks like a large greenhouse. But it is home sweet home to us. This is the home we built ( and I mean we as in mostly Sharman). It is passive solar which means we are completely off of the grid. Translation.....no power bills.......ever. Of course it isn't conventional and so there are some things I do without (like a power bill) but it is worth not having the expense of the power bill, water bill, garbage bill, septic bill, etc. We are pretty self sufficient and love that our home has a wonderful view of the city of Rexburg at night. Our favorite site is.......


the temple being completed in Rexburg (public open house will run from Saturday, December 29, 2007, through Saturday, January 26, 2008. Closed on Sundays. The temple will be dedicated on Sunday, February 3, 2008.) It is wonderful living here in the Upper Valley of the Snake River.

2 comments:

Tenille said...

I would love a house that required no power bills. Especially down here in Vegas during the summer. That is great that you built your own home. And is that picture of the temple a view from your house. If so than you have a great location.

Tiki Warrior said...

Nice picture of the temple. I was just surfing through blogs that had snorkelers and saw that you were LDS. We just got back from Hawaii with my daughter that got off a mission.

I serve in the SL Temple and always enjoy seeing photos of others... thanks!

Mark T