Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Opposites Attract

I have always heard that opposites attract, but until recently, I didn't think I would see that in my own life. Two children bring with them two very different personalities. I love both of my children dearly as each adds a special quality to our family.

Zack is an avid reader and will sit and read for hours. He is awesome in math. He is a night owl. He loves to sleep in just like I do. Movies are a highlight of his life. Making his bed and cleaning his room are some of the least important things in his life.


Sydney is easily bored with listening to stories. She has a hard time sitting through a movie because there are so many other fun things to get (popcorn, drink, blanket, visit with a friend, etc.) while that is playing. She is an early bird like her Dad and enjoys "working out" with him in the morning. Her room is spotless and her shoes are all lined up in a row. She is a neat freak.



Last night my little neat freak came into my room and noticed my bed was not made (sorry Mom but it isn't that big of deal to me) and hurried me and Sharman out. She then proceeded to make our bed with all of the blankets and pillows lined neatly around it to form a type of nest if you will. She proudly came out and got us and ushered us back into our room to an amazingly made bed. When I crawled into bed last night I could not believe that the sheets were pulled up the proper way and all of the blankets were straight on the bed. My little neat freak sure made my night!!

My children are as opposite as day and night. There are times they fight like cats and dogs. However, when they decide to play together, their laughter is music to my ears.

4 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Amazing isn't it. I have seen the same thing with our kiddos. Same genes, same environment, VERY different!

Anonymous said...

Awww! I love that last picture! It's funny how siblings could have such different personalities, but I guess that makes life fun.

Devony said...

This is so fun! I love the stories about Sydney! Cute pics too!

Devony said...

This is so fun! I love the stories about Sydney! Cute pics too!