Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas




Last night for Family Home Evening, I finally broke down and set up the Christmas tree. The kids are so excited that I actually ended up with some cute photos of them too. After we put up the tree we read stories and then the kids went to bed. It was a wonderful night.
Each year the kids get a new Christmas ornament. They are allowed to hang up their own ornaments so the evening was filled with "Oh, I remember this one." It was a lot of fun and I remembered fondly the tradition that was started so many years ago when I was young. I did manage to drop and break a christmas ball. Syd turned to me and looked at the broken ornament and said, "that can't be good." Sharman was laughing so hard I thought he would pass out. Well, I am glad it was me that broke it instead of a kiddo who would have had a broken heart over it. What a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

So cute! That is a fun tradition about the ornaments.

Lisa-Marie said...

What cute kiddos! The pictures look so warm and cozy. I'll have to come over and see the tree. And the bookshelves. They look great.

Tenille said...

Your kids are so big now. They are to cute. The tree looks great. I just love this time of year. Hope the holidays are treating you well.