It is absolutely FREEZING here in Rexburg. I don't mean figuratively I mean literally. Zack has had school cancelled the last two days because the weather has been too cold. The highs have been around 18- to 28-. The weather today has warmed to 10-. We feel like it is a heat wave.

Boy are we getting geared up for the dedication of the Rexburg Temple. I feel like that is mostly all I write about but hey, it isn't every day that a temple opens up in your own backyard. Zack is going to participate in the Temple celebration the night before the Dedication. He is going to carry wheat. There is an undertone of wheat throughout the temple so it is symbolic of that.

Sharman finished laying tile and grouting our bathroom. It is nice. I love that he is so handy and can do those things. Now we just need to put in our cabinets and tile around the shower and bathtub. Then we can put in our sinks, mirror and trim around the bathroom walls and we are good to go. There is something to be said for not having things just handed to you but having to try and figure out how they work and make do with what you have. I am really grateful my husband is able to figure things out. Hey, if it were not for his ingenuity, my house would be SO different.
Zack had the space derby at Pack Meeting last night. He made his own rocket and it turned out fine. I was really impressed that the Den Leader started the night off by telling the boys that it was a night to see what we could do. We are not competing and there is no such thing as winners or losers. We are just here to have fun and enjoy one another. That was such a different message than what I had heard during my early years of competing. It was look out for number one and make sure you are number one or you don't count for anything. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed spending time watching our children race around the room after the rockets.

Work is starting to slow a little but for the most part I am worn out. I forgot how tired I become.
Sydney gave a talk in Primary last week on being a Child of God. She is growing so quickly. She is my little sweetheart that constantly reminds me that...."Mom, I am the princess of this family, Zack is the prince, Dad is the King and you are the Queen." Sometimes it takes the words of a child to remind us to stay focus on what is real.



1 comment:
Cool! I didn't know that Zack is going to be in the celebration! I'll have to wink at him from the choir! :D
Post a Comment