Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Miss Me?



Ok, so I know it has been about a million or so years since I last posted, but it is the first week of school at BYU-Idaho and life here is absolutely crazy! I haven't yet pulled all my hair out but I am getting closer each day.

Sharman started off the week by shooting a skunk at midnight so I headed in to work and was there from 1 a.m. until 4 a.m. as the smell was so bad that I literally could not breathe. Not exactly good for customer service either. Needless to say, I do not think he will EVER do that again.

It has been really fun having students return to campus and to see them again especially if they were not here during the Fall semester. It is wonderful to see them as freshman and now as seniors ready to graduate. I can honestly say that this is the world's best job. I see true growth in the students who come and stay here during their education. Some marry and start families. Others plan on graduate programs and still others do what I did and end up settling down and staying here. All in all this week has been a good one though very busy.

The kids are keeping me on my toes and keep coming up with really funny things. Zack and I are headed out for a date night tomorrow night. He has requested a night at Dairy Queen so we will probably do that and MAYBE a movie. Depends on how tired I am. Sydney will go on a date with her daddy and that way each kiddo gets a night out with undivided parental attention without competing for some individual time. We have found that the kids enjoy this as much as we do and we get to develop a stronger bond just them and us.

Well it is just about time for work so I am headed out but hope your first week of the new year has been as fun and event filled as ours has been.

1 comment:

Kyle and Tiffany said...

Love the comic! :) We miss BYU-I so much. You are so lucky to be there everyday.