Today would have been my brother Ben's birthday. He has been gone for almost four years now. I remember growing up how much it irritated me that his birthday was one week before mine. It wasn't until I was a little bit older and more mature that I realized that it is pretty cool to have a sibling born so close to your birthday.
In honor of Ben (who would be 30 today) the following are things we should all do at least once in our lives:
1. Stay out all night.
2. Watch the sunrise with someone you love.
3. Sleep in late.
4. Take an extended vacation somewhere you have always wanted to go.
5. Go on a cruise.
6. Walk the beaches in Hawaii.
7. Hold a newborn baby.
8. Eat something delicious without worrying about calories.
9. Tumble down a grassy hill in the summer like a child.
10. Love like you don't care who knows.

Happy birthday little brother. I miss you and dedicate these thoughts to you.



6 comments:
You almost made me cry with this! I love that your picture of the vacation you always wanted to take is Paris...one of these days, let's do a girl trip there!
Love your guts pal!
Stace, this was really sweet. I hope that you are feeling okay today. I know that days like this can be hard. Love you.
What a great post and a wonderful tribute to Ben! He was such a fun guy and a great Uncle!!! Sending my love to you and your family :)
Thank You Stacey, I appreciate it when you talk about Ben. I don't know why and I can't explain it. But Thank You.
Ben would have been 30 yrs.old. We still miss him terribly and now Dad too. That part of life is hard but we look forward to seeing them again. Treat each other well as we will not have them long enough. Thanks for remembering him on your blog. Mom
What a beautiful post.
I sepecially loved number 7, "hold a newborn baby".
We go visit a 93 year old man that used to be our neighbor every sunday afternoon. His wife passed away a few years ago and he now lives in a retirement home. He never had any children of his own and my daughter Elisabeth is the first baby that he has ever held. He was nervous at first but now he truly enjoys holding her. I make sure he holds her each week.
I can't imagine that he had to live 93 years before he got to hold a baby. It's the little things in life that are the most special.
Post a Comment