Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yep, I Am Classified As A Grown Up

I was talking to my sister-in-law Lisa the other day and we have come to agree that we are officially classified as grown ups. Why? Because we get excited when we buy things like a new upright freezer or a new washing machine.

I am now classified as a grown up because I am thrilled with the kitchen and dining room floors that Sharman just got finished staining. I love it.


Do you think this means I have to give up other fun things I love like.....

Riding my bike...... or.......

Roasting marshmallows and hotdogs over a campfire...... or.......

Feeding ducks at the nature park in the middle of winter...... or.........

Helping grandma do her makeup ..... or.......

Getting piggy-back rides from the most favorite man in my life?

If these things are out now that I am classified as an adult.....I want to change my vote.

12 comments:

meyersbd said...

When I grow up can I be just like you?

Parley and Anna said...

Your floors look amazing! How did you guys do it? What are the made of? I love the look of it and I know that you two have taken a unique approach to your home, so can you give me the details? I LOVE IT! Does that mean I'm grown up too? I must be...I was thrilled when I bought my Bosch Mixer...woot woot!

Melissa Durtschi said...

So who got the new upright freezer? I'M SO JEALOUS!!!! Does that mean that I'm an adult too!?! If so, I QUIT!!!

*~McGarys~* said...

Your floor looks GREAT! Thanks for helping Colby out today too:) Your the bestest;)

Lisa-Marie said...

NO WAY! You don't have to give up any of those things.

I LOVE the new floor. I need to come see it for reals. Ya, know since you only live across the field from me and all. Good grief!

And P.S. Melissa, I am the lucky one with the new freezer!!!! Yippeeeee!

Katie said...

Those floors are unbelievable!! Don't you love being an adult?

Sarah said...

Love the floors! I can top getting excited about freezers and all - I get excited to look at the bottom of my Broulims receipt to see how much moolah I saved. But I do plenty of unaldult-like things to balance it all out!

Laurie said...

The floor looks really good. I can't wait to see it in person. I miss you lots and so does Mac and the Kids.

Rachel said...

Your floors look AWESOME! Good job Sharman!

Max and Sarah said...

Your floors look GREAT Stace!!It's so nice having a handy man as a husband to do these wonderful projects for the home! I miss you heaps. I'm working mornings now, so let's get together for lunch!

Kim said...

i have been meaning to tell you how much i love the floors. they look amazing...who knew concrete could look so good?! The color is perfect, almost looks like a fine slab of luscious leather.

Pam said...

Aw Stacey, you don't have to give up a thing. You've waited patiently (Much more than any of us would) for those floors to be done. You enjoy EVERYTHING!!
I'll come see the floor the next time I'm over . . . they look beautiful!