Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Have To Be Kidding Me!


I just got off the phone with Zack's doctor.

The good news...

The final pathology report is back. Nothing bad shows up. No infection, no inflammation and the tissue looks fine.

The bad news....

No idea what is happening.

The good news....

The doctor took two separate bone biopsy samples to send for testing.

The bad news....

Both biopsy samples ended up in pathology so microbiology never saw it and considers it contaminated once pathology opened it.

The good news.....

Antibiotics may be the key.

The bad news....

Another trip to Utah to see the doctor for a follow up visit and a scolding for Zack on why being 10 doesn't mean you are a doctor who can remove your own stitches.

The good news....

Zack's toe itches terribly. This means it is healing.

I am just shaking my head right now and thinking....You have to be kidding me!

3 comments:

Phil and Ronnie said...

Sounds like you are having a crazy time. You and Zack are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

Melissa Durtschi said...

How can you not shake your head...That's a lot to take in. I'm glad that its better news than amputating his toe. When do you go back!?! Luv your guts!!!!

Bree said...

Oh boy...how frustrating!! And I can't believe Zack took out his own stitches!!! Well, good luck this next time, hopefully the end is in sight!