Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 9, 2009

One Year Later

When Dad died a year ago, I was certain I wouldn't live through the night. How could life go on without Ben and now Dad? I just knew I couldn't go on. But then the night came and in the morning the sun rose and so began a new day. Each day this same trend occurred until here we are a year later. It seems so surreal. I can still see Dad in my mind's eye sitting on the couch in the entry room of his home talking with me, Amy, Laurie, and our kiddos. I can see the crows feet lining his eyes as he smiles while his grandchildren run around yelling, "Papa, watch this...watch me!" He truly delighted in each one of the grandchildren and they knew he loved them with all of his heart.

I am really grateful for my family. This past year has been very difficult and tried us to the very foundation, but it has not changed my love for each and every one of them. How I hope that one day we will all be together again watching our children and their children and their children run around shouting, "Hey, watch me!" It is truly one of the greatest things our Heavenly Father has ever done. Family....It really is what it is all about!

8 comments:

Melissa Durtschi said...

You are so AWESOME to look at life with such perspective regardless of what the last year has been like. Thank you and please let me know if you need anything!!!

Luv your guts!!!

Laurie said...

I thought that I was okay. Doing the post on my blog and reading you blog bring back all of the emotion as if it just happen all over again. I miss you and your family so much. I wish that I was with you. I think that today was just as hard as yesterday. This suck! I miss Papa and Ben so much. I love you and I am grateful for you and your family. Thank you for everything.

Lisa-Marie said...

Oh, Stace. This was a beautiful tribute to your dad. I know that he is still watching you and your kiddos every day.

Idaho Beagleys said...

Stacey, hang in there.

Becki said...

He was truely a great papa!!! And I know you guys miss him so much, but the sun does keep rising and gives us so much more to look forward too! You are awesome!!! I love ya!

Bree said...

Thank goodness for the wonderful memories and the promise of eternal families, huh. Sure makes it a little easier!!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

isn't it so great to have to the gospel to help get you through the hard times!

Pam said...

Stacey, That is the most wonderful thing about life . . . the sun does shine the next day and we get up and we go forward with wonderful, fond memories in our hearts that get us through each day! And WE KNOW with certainty that we will be together again.

We had a wonderful time with the kiddos this weekend! They are getting so big and I just love it when they come! Pam