
Sometimes you look at your life and can't help but say, "this is a magical moment." When I got married, when my children were born and each success they have in life is a magical moment for me.

Amy recently sent me some photos of another of those magical moments. Courtney's baptism. I am so proud of Courtney and the decision she made to be baptized.

I remember the day I was baptized and how the Bishop teased me about the water being icy cold (it wasn't bad) and how bubbles floated up out of my little white socks, and how my hair rose to the top of the water and I had to be baptized twice. I was baptized in Honolulu, Hawaii and remember walking out of the baptism room into an outdoor open air walkway between the rooms. I remember the feeling of importance I had when I finally took that step in my life.

I also remember when Sharman baptized Zack. The power and confidence he exuded when he stood and with authority baptized our first born child. I was so touched. All of my family was there and I was grateful for the support they gave my son. One day in the not to distant future, we will being doing this all again for Sydney and my heart aches to think they have grown so quickly. But boy to I love them and appreciate them.



2 comments:
Wow I had no idea that you were baptized in Hawaii! That's so neat!
Stacey,
You are an incredible writer!!! I look forward to many more blogs. I found everything wonderfully said the pictures were what makes everything real. I printed a copy to put in my journal. Mom
Post a Comment