The other day I was in Walmart and they have up their count down calendar to Christmas day. For all of you procrastinators out there you only have 37 shopping days left.
Yes, I love the movie of the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Dr. Seuss himself wrote this classic. Secondly, I love Max! His facial expressions stole my heart the first time I watched this tale of wonder. Plus, how many dogs can really make a horn look cute really?!

Right around this time of year several years ago (ok, 5 but who is counting right?), my sweet little Sydney was born. Some people couldn't remember her name and would call her Cindy-Lou so I really like that association as well. Plus with her beautiful blonde hair and her amazing blue eyes, you could swear you are looking at the same little girl. Ok not quite but almost.

Finally, the message of the story is so relevant. Sometimes we get too caught up in the commercialism of the holiday and forget that without our packages, boxes and bags Christmas would still be Christmas and would come anyway.
"Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small, was singing! Without any presents at all!He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME! Somehow or other, it came just the same!"
"And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so? It came without ribbons! It came without tags!" It came without packages, boxes or bags!" And he puzzled three hours, `till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store." Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
"And what happened then...? Well...in Who-ville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day!"
I think Dr. Seuss had it right...when we look beyond the packages, boxes or bags we see that Christmas is about something more. I love this show. Now...what is your all time favorite Christmas movie and why?



4 comments:
I love how the grinch stole christmas. That is the best christmas show. I also love reading it to Cooper. Hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving.
Just watched my new favorite Christmas movie--"Enchanted." Not exactly Chrismassy, but totally enchanting, funny, crazy, and happy ever after.
Love it! I love that your favorite Christmas movie and my favorite Christmas movie are the same...we're totally BFF's!!
A totally hard question! I love "The Grinch," but I think my fave would be either "Elf" or "Christmas in Connecticut" with Barbra Stanwyck. So funny!
Post a Comment