Well, once a year we light off the pile and you can see smoke for miles around. Yesterday was that day. Unfortunately for our new neighbor from California, smoke tends to end up where ever the wind blows. Also being from California, he doesn't realize that this is something that happens annually and it is not an emergency. At about 5:30 last night the sirens started and soon we were inundated with fire trucks. What a sight to be seen!
I did apologize to the fire chief and ask him if he knew the way to our house by heart. He smiled and said he was still laughing about the Californian who doesn't know this is not an emergency but he did welcome the training opportunity it provided his men.



2 comments:
That is great!! Love the story..those poor, poor californians..didn't know what hit 'em! ;-)
I can't stop laughing. I don't think I'll ever forget the year the tree that burned for was it 2 or 3 days. I was so beautiful at night, with its own internal Christmas lights. Poor Tom, I hope he'll catch on soon.
Post a Comment