Ok, so we have animals. It seems like our home is constantly a revolving door for the latest "trendy" animal to come around and set up residence. We have had dogs (which are gone), three cats, a turtle from Missouri (thanks Grandpa J.), a rabbit (wandering around somewhere on our property if it hasn't been eaten), ducklings (they didn't survive), chickens (which now live at Uncle Kendon & Aunt Lisa's house), and squirrels (Sharman brought home from a job site when he knocked over their nest...they are gone now). As if all of those animals weren't enough, now we have......

Guinea hens. We will see how long these guys last. They may be ugly, but they eat bugs and kill snakes. I am a serious non-fan of snakes and with a snake house less than a mile from our place I guess ugly chickens are better than snakes. They are not penned up or anything so they just run around in a small flock. We have about 20 just wandering around. I will keep you posted and let you know when they are gone.
The kids did freak out yesterday when the guinea hens arrived and promptly took off down the road. I told them that the hens were just going site seeing. They were definitely relieved when the hens came home.



2 comments:
I would definitely take a hen over a snake any day. I do not like snakes or bugs. That is nice that you have such a big property that you can have all those animals. Cooper would love to have chickens. He would chase them around all day if he had the chance.
Kendon told me about the hens. I am excited to come home and see them. My kids will get a kick out of it.
Loved the fire post. Will there be one next year do you suppose? Come on, the firefighters at your house is becoming tradition!!!!
Post a Comment