Our Life Together

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Seriously?!


Yesterday I went shopping for myself. This is a big deal because I didn't go to DI or Walmart...I went to an actual store. I spent some time browsing until I found a couple of outfits I REALLY liked. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I got to the counter to checkout. That is when the following conversation took place:

Salesgirl: Do you want a gift receipt with your purchase today?
Me: Um.....No thank you.

Salesgirl: Ok, if the person you are buying this for doesn't like it or if the clothing doesn't fit she can bring it back.
Me: Um.....ok.

Salesgirl: Oh, you aren't buying this for you are you?
Me: Well, yeah.

Salesgirl: Well then, this is exciting for you....a whole new style.
Me: (utter shock and silence) Ok.

Honestly what do you say to something like that? I was dressed in one of my work outfits and thought I looked decent. I didn't think the new outfits were that different from what I had on. Oh my, a whole new style. I am not sure I am ready for such a drastic change. Too bad for her, I love the clothes and look great.

BEFORE?

AFTER?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dumb salesgirl. You really do look awesome...totally loving the new stuff!!

Ok, where did you find the picture of that completely hideous dress?!!? It's so awful that it's awesome!

Lisa-Marie said...

THAT is funny. That's why she is paid the big bucks you know. (NOT! Ooooh. I haven't said NOT in a long time!)

So, I'm hoping your post tomorrow will be a fashion show. Take pics of you in all your new stuff. OR just come over and show me. I wanna see!!!!

Kim said...

i want to see also so i vote for fashion show!!

Max and Sarah said...

Stupid Salesgirl.

THE FRUIT STAND said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...........Thanks for the laugh. I too think you look great!

Becki said...

LOL! Kids these days!!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha the best part about this is I could totally hear your voice... lol I MISS you and HOTT new pics! I miss my LADIES!

~Sierra