I teach the 10 and 11 year old girls in Primary. Today was my day to teach. The lesson was on Helaman and the 2,000 Stripling Warriors. The girls were very excited about the story. At the end of the hour I told the girls that the army of Antipus and army of Stripling Warriors overtook the Lamanites and forced them to either put down their weapons and become prisoners or be killed. I asked them if they knew what had happened to the prisoners. They were on the edge of their seats. I told them that the prisoners were sent to the land of Zarahemla. Then the girls asked....then what happened? I told them they would just have to come back next week to find out. They were really disappointed that I didn't tell them the entire story. In fact, Kelsi Sanderson said, "this is like a really dumb movie where it has a sequel."
During sharing time the Meyers girls asked me to tell them what happened next because they are going to a family reunion next week and just had to find out. I told them I couldn't tell them.
Tonight I got a phone call from Nichelle Meyers asking me to tell her where we were in the Book of Mormon so she could read what happens next because she thought it was awful that I wouldn't tell them what happened. I was really touched that maybe just maybe what I am trying to teach is making a difference.
So my sweet girls....you will have to come next week to find out "The Rest of the Story."



No comments:
Post a Comment